Rep. Richard DeBolt sponsors local students as legislative pages
Three local students sponsored by Rep. Richard DeBolt, R-Chehalis, paged in the Washington State House of Representatives. The students are:
- Matthew Zylstra, 15, the son of Sheryl and Brian Zylstra of Chehalis. He attends W.F. West High School. Matthew paged Feb. 18-22.
- Davin McKinley, 14, the daughter of Ellen and Mason McKinley of Olympia. She attends Olympia Waldorf School. Davin paged Feb. 25 through March 1.
- Robert Case, 15, the son of Melanie and Eric Case of Chehalis. He attends Adna High School. Robert paged March 11-15.
The students attended page school to learn more about legislative processes and the Legislature. They also worked on mock bills and distributed documents to state lawmakers throughout the Capitol campus.
Young men and women have come to Olympia to serve as pages for the Washington State Legislature since 1891. Pages must:
- be between the ages of 14 and 16;
- obtain permission from their parents and schools; and
- have acceptable grades.
Many pages stay with local host families while in the Olympia area. Pages earn $35 per day while serving. More information about the House Page Program can be found at: http://www.leg.wa.gov/House/Pages/HousePageProgram.aspx.
For more information on Rep. DeBolt, please visit: https://houserepublicans.wa.gov/richard-debolt/.
Rep. DeBolt can be contacted at (360) 786-7896 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
###Washington State House Republican Communications