Local students page in Washington State House of Representatives for Rep. Richard DeBolt
Seven local students have paged in the Washington State House of Representatives in the first month of the 2013 legislative session for Rep. Richard DeBolt, R-Chehalis. The students are:
· Colin Albert (pictured below with Rep. DeBolt), 16, is the son of Kelly and David Albert of Chehalis. He is a sophomore at WF West High School. Colin paged Jan. 21-25.
· Mason Gaul (pictured below shaking hands with Rep. DeBolt), 15, is the son of Julia and Ron Gaul of Winlock. He is a student at Toledo High School. Mason paged Feb. 4-8.
· Gregory DeHart (pictured below by himself), 16, is the son of Tara and Ted DeHart of Chehalis. He is a student at Adna High School. Gregory paged Feb. 4-8.
· Anna Brooks, 16, is the daughter of Lisa and Tony Brooks of Olympia. She is a sophomore at Northwest Christian High School. Anna paged Jan. 28 through Feb. 1.
· Hannah Cummings, 14, is the daughter of Stacey and Brian Cummings of Chehalis. She is a student at WF West High School. Hannah paged Jan. 28 through Feb. 1.
· Anna Russell, 15, is the daughter of Susan and Bob Russell of Chehalis. She is a student at WF West High School. Anna paged Jan. 28 through Feb. 1.
· Jenna-Marie Garcia, 14, is the daughter Victoria and Ruben Garcia of Rochester. She is a student at Rochester Middle School. Jenna paged Feb. 4-8.
The youth attended page school each day to learn more about legislative processes and the Legislature. They also had an opportunity to sponsor mock bills with their peers from around the state. Students also distributed documents to state lawmakers throughout the Capitol campus – including the House floor and committee rooms.
Young men and women have come to Olympia to serve as pages for the Washington State Legislature since 1891. Pages must: be between the ages of 14 and 16; obtain permission from their parents and schools; and have acceptable grades.
Most pages stay with local host families while in the Olympia area. Pages earn $35 per day while serving in the program. More information about the House Page Program can be found at: http://www.leg.wa.gov/House/Pages/HousePageProgram.aspx.
For more information on Rep. DeBolt, please visit: https://houserepublicans.wa.gov/richard-debolt/.
Rep. DeBolt can be contacted at (360) 786-7896 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Washington State House Republican Communications
455 John L. O'Brien Building
P.O. Box 40600
Olympia, WA 98504-0600
###Washington State House Republican Communications